lunedì 22 luglio 2013

1/72 British 1st foot guard

as first entry, I really have to pay a (figurative) tribute to the old esci 1/72 plastic soldier.
They were my first approach to wargames (it was a double set, depicting the battle of Salamanca), and I've got them from my parents in the late 80s (I was 13 or 14 yo, I'm not sure).
From them I started my painter career. Therefore, as this blog would be a track of my life as wargamer, painter and modeller, I owe them a tribute.

the picture below are from my last Lasalle project' unit: a British guard battallion (coldstreamers?) I've painted to reinforce my british division. the miniature comes from Esci (a couple, not so many, indeed), Revell (a wonderfull set, really accurate) and a call to arms british infantry set (which I like a lot for their covered shakos). As you can see I had to squeeze the battallion in 6 bases (a big unit for Lasalle terms) hence, there are a grenadier company base, a light coy base, 3 centre companies and the colour party with a beautifull mounted colonel (a major, I think).
Actually, I find plastic soldiers more difficult to paint respect 15mm, as they have a lot of thin details which tend to disappear as soon as you prime the minis. Moreover, every plastic weapon will bend very easily and the paint will flake off (out?). I just decided to consider it appropriate and I will not bother anymore about it when playing.
regarding the bases, I've done them 4x4 cm cardboard (plastic is very very light, I do not need to pay for MDF or plastic bases ;-)), covered with white wall putty and some debries. I've not flocked them yet, as I'll do it for every unit in the division at once. flags are still missing...








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento