lunedì 22 luglio 2013

TARAWA AND BEYOND

How can I resist? when I started a new Bolt Action project, last october, I was minded to paint just a couple of squads of US paratroopers and a bounch of vehicles, in order to get my 1000pts army list without much efforts at all...
Then I find out that I really enjoy to paint 28mm miniatures! in less than 6 months I've got 2 squads of paras, a HQ with medic, radio operator, captain, sarge, and bystanders, a squad of recruits from 1st armoured div. (sicily '43), a couple of MGs, 2 mortars, bazooka team, a M8 Greyhound, a M3 Halftrack, a Sherman and these lovely marines! 
I know, they are misplaced amongst the other fellows in the list above, but they are just waiting that someone, among my club pals, is willing to paint a platoon of japanese, before to disembark in a quiet and sunny beech, lets say, in Tarawa ;-)
I'm really proud of the herringbone twill result, a bit less of their camo helmet covers...
But, most important, I really love these sculps. They come from Warlords' bolt action range and they have some really nice poses... details are extremely crisp, and you can really feel how hard has been their life since they disembark somewhere in the pacific. I've found them really interesting to paint. every brush stroke, I litterally find out a new, small, detail. I can grant you, these minis really tell their story...
















Nessun commento:

Posta un commento