martedì 19 novembre 2013

Ship of the Line (2)

This week I'm happy to show you some pics of my last 74 gun french ship of the line.
The base model is a 1:1200 74 gun ship from Langton napoleonic range, with masts, and PE ratlines and sails (but I'm not so fond of the latter... maybe I'll spend some consideration on this matter later...).
Painting was done in few hours with (mostly) GW and Vallejo acrilics.
Rigging (that is the most time consuming part of the job, but its also the funnier) was done in 4-5 hours with cotton threadbare. Unfortunately, I've not found a suitable syntetic thread yet, but I'm still looking as cotton thread is quite difficult to work with.
I'm not full satisfied of the resin base paintwork... maybe I'll touch it soon or later...
Enjoy!












As you can see, brass photo etched sails looks good, but its quite difficult to achieve a natural feeling with them... next time I'll try with white metal version of sails.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento