lunedì 11 novembre 2013

Ships of the line (1)



I'm sorry for such late in updating this blog, but I've got some issues with my camera. It refuses to take good picture of my minis. It was just keeping transforming a lovely painted piece of art in a kind of blurry-shiny-wrong lined piece of something… I nearly gave up.
Almost…
Actually, I'm more than happy with results of my new S4 integrated camera so I can keep this blog on his way…
New topic: 1:1200 ship of the line from the wonderful Langton miniatures production…
In a couple of years I managed to finish just a couple of them, more due to my own laziness than complexity.
Here comes some pics form a late stage of work on it. I've already painted every part of it with a suitable paint scheme for the period (a lot of research in it, even if there are just a fistful of different patterns and colours from which you can choose… but, alas, I'm a damn button counter…)
As you can see, as Langton ships come with photo-etched brass sails, I've painted them still on their sprue. It's easier than doing it on the model.
Soon you'll get the completed model pictures. Stay tuned.

By the way, at The Club, we are considering doing Trafalgar with these small beauties and we are, compulsively, buying GHQ, Langton and other manufactures' ships for this project. 
We think to give a try to the WH Historical's Trafalgar ruleset, as it is known for being a very enjoyable game, but I'd like to give a try to Kiss me Hardy from Too Fat Lardies as well.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento