mercoledì 13 novembre 2013

Yom Kippur (1) - Israeli armoured brigade

As you know (or, if you don't, you should!), I'm going on a quite new project involving the gorgeous 1/285 micro armor models from GHQ: a tabletop refight of 1973 Yom Kippur war on sinai.

I really can't spend enough words on the minis. They are perfect. much more detailed of several 15mm equivalent I've here around.
Crisp, well proportioned, a lot of stunning details. If I really have to point out some cons, I can only regret about the barrels of both guns and mgs. They easily bent and it's difficult to keep them in a straight shape.
But it's a minimal problem against a lot of pros.
Painting these model is a very fun experience. It's a quick and rewarding job. Only decals are extremely annoying. So tiny and fiddling you cannot even spot them against the blue paper they are presented on. And after few second in the water, you have to handle them with care or you'll lose them on your finger.
Anyway, soon after completing these, I've ordered many more models from Magister Militum. I'm definetly IN micro armor syndrome.
here come the models:

a couple of M60A1 (or Magach 6 for IDF) companies in 1:3 scale as per Fistuful of Tows3 rules.







And now some M113 for a mechanized battallion:










enjoy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento